Quin Abbey


The Annals of the Four Masters relate that the monastery of Quin was founded in 1402 by Sioda Cam MacConmara for the friars of St Francis and ‘that it should be a burial place for himself and his sept’. The MacNamaras wishing to ensure that their lands would not be recovered by the Anglo-Normans built castles for protection and by 1580 no less than forty-two were in their ownership.

Our Parish